So I moved from the Olivers to stay with the Horns a week ago today. I started school 6 days ago. So far, I'm liking it a lot. My host family has been really nice to me. I have 2 sisters, Joanne, who is 18, Catherine, who is 7, and a brother, Stephen, who is 16. We all go to different schools. Catherine goes to Westville Junior Primary (the equivelent of elementary school), Jo goes to Maris Stella (a private catholic girls school), and Stephen goes to Maris Brothers (a private catholic boys school). I attend Westville Girls High school, which is a government funded school. Every day I wake up, and put on my uniform. It consists of black shoes, black tights, a navy skirt, white short sleeved blouse, navy sweater, and a blazer. And we have to wear our hair up in a ponytail. We arent allowed to wear jewelry of any kind and our hairtie has to be navy blue. Yeah, It's pretty strict. But considering some of the other uniforms I've seen, it could be worse.
School starts everyday at 7:30. First we have registration, which is the equivalent of homeroom, and the teacher just takes attendance. After that we go to our regular classes. I'm taking English, Math, Biology, Drama, Geography, and I was supposed to be taking Afrikaans but the teacher told me I wouldnt have to write the exam and there was virtually no way I could catch up, so during Afrikaans I can just go to the library, which is where I am right now.
I've made a few friends as well. I met Catherine before I came to school because she is going on a short term exchange to France this summer through Rotary. So i got set up to have all the same classes as her so I wouldnt get lost. Trust me, its a huge school. So since I've been friends with Catherine I've also met all of her friends and they're all really nice to me. We sit together at breaks (which is twice a day for 20 minutes), and they've invited me to a few things this weekend. Hopefully tonight though im going shopping with Jo at Pavillion, the local shopping mall. Its pretty much massive in comparrison to Traverse. I mean, its a real mall with escalators and like 5 floors and bowling and mini-golfing and everything. It's so cool. So yeah i think we're going to go there tonight. Thats all for now but i'll write more later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment